Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ray Bradbury on what we learn from writing

So for my new posting schedule I've decided to make Tuesdays a day for quotes and inspo from other writers. Today, I've selected this quote by Ray Bradbury:




I love this because it calls writing a privilege, not a right. So many people take their writing for granted. I also love that Bradbury says that writing reminds us that we are alive. I think this is so true. There is nothing like writing and feeling all of the ideas just flow. 

I tend to feel this sensation especially during NaNoWriMo when my word count grows and grows. Just seeing the words hit the page is enough to make me giddy. I didn't get much time to write during July's Camp NaNoWriMo, but winning at the end of April was an amazing form of motivation. If you haven't participated in NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo yet, I highly recommend it. There is an entire community of support along with great sponsors that provide great tools/trials especially for NaNoWriMo participants. Camp takes place in April and July, while NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) occurs every November. 

I am already so excited for November! I cant wait to feel that adrenaline again.  

On Thursday I am going to post something about my white board. It's a place where I organize my thoughts and writing ideas. Next week I am going to try and show you my agenda, which I absolutely LOVE, as well as my writing binder.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

-Kat




No comments:

Post a Comment