Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ray Bradbury on Being Too Serious


I love this quote because often in writing we take everything too seriously. We focus more on the aspect of getting published than the writing itself.

I admit - I've fallen into this trap. When you focus too much on becoming published, it can be easy to fall into a spiral of hopes and dreams without doing the one thing that could actually make it happen: writing. 

Not only does it distract us from writing, but being too serious can also affect how we write. It can bring out our inner editor. Inner editors nit pick and more often than not cause writers' block. 

Sometimes it is okay just to lighten up and relax. Especially since as teen writers, we are also balancing school, homework, and after school activities. 

I'm off to New York City tomorrow! Unfortunately not much writing will be done while I'm there, but I will have a post for you when I get back. Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment