Thursday, August 13, 2015

My Spartina 449 agenda...

So today I am going to talk about my agenda. I am a HUGE agenda/notebook person. I use them for anything and everything.

It all started when I walked into the Paper Store a few weeks ago. As school is coming up around the corner, I decided to check out the agenda section. Your typical brands were there (Lily Pulitzer, Vera Bradley, etc). Last year I had a bad experience with a Vera Bradley agenda (color faded/scratched off, binding came undone, etc). I was weary of buying another cutesy name brand agenda that would just fall apart. Nonetheless, I perused the agendas hoping to find something worth buying.


The first thing that caught my eye was the cover. It had this quote: "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a mermaid. Then always be a mermaid." That grabbed my attention! I began flipping through the pages and my jaw dropped. This agenda had so much more to offer then the Vera one I had spent $18 on last year (I know-but it seemed so cute at the time!). It had quotes and graphics and a vacation planner, and...check boxes! Even the lines were longer so you could write more. I decided that I like one of the other patterns they offered better and immediately ran to my mother to show her the amazing thing I had just found. She was distracted in the sale section and was fine with the purchase as long as I could wait until she got a coupon (the price is $29).

Two weeks later the coupon finally came. I was out shopping with a friend (who I had convinced to check out this magnificent agenda) and bought the agenda for $24.65 with tax. While this is more expensive than my previous agenda, it is also extremely thick (as my friend pointed out) and the cover wasn't cheap plastic that allowed the color to fade and be scratched off. I brought it home and pretty much obssessed over it for a straight 30 minutes.

I was even happier when I discover MORE amazing features: a party planner, color coding stickers, cute stickers for events and ideas, a personal info section, a schedule section, and more! (Some of these aren't exactly necessary for a writer OR student but they are nice to have.)

I've been trying to use it everyday and it has already helped me get my work done. (There's something about looking at the blank checkbox that makes you want to get it done just to check it off!)

Now on to the actual agenda! I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos. I used iPhoto on my computer to make them easier to see but some of them are still tricky...




Obviously some of the features aren't necessary. But they can be applied in different ways. I use this agenda for school and home. I like how I can have one place for everything. In the planner section I've begun writing goals for my current manuscript. There is a ruler/bookmark to keep your place in the planner section as well which makes it super easy to use.

This agenda has kept me motivated to write and forced me to write my goals down. I highly recommend this agenda to anyone who wants to be more organized.

Here is a link to the website.

I hope everyone's week is going well!

Next week I will be posting a post about my writing binders!


*Note: This post has not at all been endorsed by the Spartina 449 Company and was written entirely for the purpose of the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment