Friday, July 25, 2014

What is plot?

I don't think much explanation is needed. This is a beautiful explanation of what plot is. It's our character's emotions and desires intercrossing with different purposes, until finally,  the emotions and desires have different goals, causing them to "strike against each other" and resulting in a blowout, or explosion. (For some reason, I think of Star Wars!)

Just a heads up, I won't be able to post next week because I'll be in New York City on vacation. Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring my computer with me. In the meantime, I thought I'd create a writing contest.

Write a story with the following prompt; "It was supposed to be..." and finish the sentence!  I will post the winning piece here on the blog! Hope you enter! You can send it to the email wordsatplay13@gmail.com, either attach it as a document, or post it directly into the message box! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment